Different 3D projects consume different quantities of filament. This guide will break down how much can you print with 1 kg spool of filament.
How much you can print with a 1 kg spool depends on:
- Object size
- Infill percentage
- Infill pattern
- Wall thickness
- Flow rate
- Amount of support material
- Infill percentage setting
- Size of skirts, brims and rafts
These are the top factors to determine how long a 1 kg filament spool can last.
Ways To Reduce Filament Usage
- Reduce unnecessary skirt, brim or rafts to prime the print - Analyze your project practically before printing
- Reduce infill unneccesary percentage to make the part as strong as possible without over doing it.
- Use custom supoort using Meshmixer to reduce unnecessary support material